CorPatch® Trainer User Guide
The CorPatch® Trainer and the free CorPatch® Trainer app can guide and help you and your course Trainees to perform better compressions and high-quality CPR based on very accurate measurements of chest compressions.
Data is collected through the CorPatch® Trainer and stored in the free CorPatch® Trainer app, which makes it easy for training institutes to adapt it in your first aid courses.
The free CorPatch® Trainer app offers greater insight into each individual Trainee’s performance and provides an overview for multiple courses or training sessions.
CorPatch® Trainer app is compatible with Android devices.
Video: How to easily add courses
How to sign up as a trainer
It is only possible for a Trainer to login to the CorPatch® Trainer app, if a Trainer already has a registered email and password from their training institute.
- Trainers must provide their first and last names, phone number and email to their Training Institute. If you are a self-employed course provider, please contact us to register.
- When you have submitted your first and last names, phone number and email to us or your Training Institute, you will receive a registration confirmation via your email.
- Open the email confirmation sent to the account provided and click the link to confirm the creation of the account. You will be directed to a page where you can create your password for the first time.
- Once you have entered your desired password twice and clicked “SET PASSWORD,” you will be able to log on to the CorPatch® Trainer app.
Using CorPatch® Trainer in courses
Step-by-step to add new courses on your CorPatch® Trainer app:
- From the home screen. Tap to add a new course.
- A pop-up will appear. You can select a number of participants for course from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the name of the organisation/class, the place/city it is held. If you have any important, additional information, you can type these in the comment section.
- Then tap “Create New Course.”
- Now your course has been created.
- Tap on your newly created course to customise the course.
- A pop-up will appear, and you are able to customise the following:
- Duration (1 to 10 min)
- Feedback mode (pump/bar/no feedback)
- Type of training (CPR/30:2)
- Frequency (bpm) (90/100/110/120/130/140)
- Training level (standard/expert/no results)
- Check vital signs [on/off]
- Tap to add trainees. A pop-up will give you the option to enter their email and nick name. The icon indicates that the trainees’ emails are saved, and their nickname will also be shown below.
- Tap “Save” to save the trainee.
- Repeat steps 8-9 to add more trainees.
- Once all trainees are entered, you can choose participants by tapping the trainees who will be joining the training session.
IMPORTANT: Make sure to place paired CorPatch® Trainer(s) on the manikin(s) before starting the session. To successfully pair your CorPatch® Trainer with your Android device, see how to connect your CorPatch® Trainer below.
- Tap “Start Session” to start your group training session.
If you are setting up your CorPatch® Trainer for the first time, make sure that your Android device is up to date.
Then follow these steps:
- Make sure that your device’s Bluetooth® is turned on.
- Open the CorPatch® Trainer app.
- Tap [ ] to connect the CorPatch® Trainer. A pop-up will appear. Press firmly onto the CorPatch® Trainer to connect.
- When the CorPatch® Trainer is successfully connected, the previous icon will turn green [ ]. If it has not turned green, repeat the steps above and make sure that the CorPatch® Trainer in within Bluetooth® distance. If this does not work, read our FAQ or contact us.
Charge your CorPatch® Trainer wirelessly
The CorPatch® Trainer is compatible with any Qi-certified wireless charging device. Place your CorPatch® Trainer on the wireless charging pad and charging begins immediately.
To see the battery status, connect your CorPatch® Trainer to the CorPatch® Trainer app. Tap the icon to show your CorPatch® Trainer’s battery life.
The CorPatch® Trainer app automatically uploads data whenever it is connected to WiFi and a course is completed. The data is uploaded and anonymised to the CorPatch® Services platform when a course is completed by the Trainer.
Disposal of CorPatch® Trainer
Information on disposal of CorPatch® Trainer
SmartResQ/CorPatch® complies with the nation and international laws and regulations in relation to waste electronical and electronic equipment (WEEE Directive) and batteries. By ensuring that our products are disposed correctly, you help prevent potentially negative consequences for the environment and human health, which could otherwise be caused by inappropriate waste handling of the products etc.
Trainer for dual-use purposes:
Electrical and electronic equipment and incorporated batteries contain materials, components and substances that may present a risk to human health and the environment when derived waste is not handled correctly.
Electrical and electronic equipment and batteries are marked with the below crossed-out wheeled bin symbol indicating that they should not be discarded together with unseparated household waste but must be collected separately.
It is important that you dispose of your waste batteries to the available collection schemes. In this way you help ensure that batteries are recycled in accordance with current legislation and do not cause unnecessary adverse environmental impacts.
All local authorities have established collection points under which residents can dispose waste electrical and electronic equipment and portable batteries free of charge at a recycling centre or other collection points, or they will be collected directly from households. More detailed information is available from the technical administration of the relevant local authority.
Penalties may be applicable for incorrect disposal of this waste, in accordance with your national legislation.
For disposal in countries outside of the European Union:
This symbol is only valid in the European Union (EU). If you wish to discard this product please contact your local authorities or dealer and ask for the correct method of disposal.
Offer CorPatch® to your Trainees
As a Training Institute you have the option to offer a CorPatch® to your Trainees after their course to give them something to practise short 5 minute trainings every 3 monhts at home and thereby be optimally prepare in case they witness real-life cardiac arrest.
The CorPatch® will remind them of the Training Institute where they had their last course, and we encourage an annual refresher course with our partners.
CorPatch® Trainer can be used by anyone strong enough to perform CPR.
The CorPatch® Trainer must exclusively be used on manikins or similar objects in first aid training sessions and never in a real-life situation on a person suffering from cardiac arrest or any other health-related illness.
Do not use the CorPatch® Trainer in conjunction with any mechanical or automated compression devices not developed or explicitly approved by SmartResQ/CorPatch®.
Do not use the CorPatch® Trainer on top of defibrillation pads from an AED.
If the CorPatch® Trainer appears to be damaged e.g. develops cracks or sharp edges, please discontinue use.
The CorPatch® Trainer is not intended for use in a moving environment including but not limited to travel in air, sea or road. If used in a situation like this, the device may provide inaccurate feedback.
The CorPatch® Trainer is not intended for use if the manikin is on a soft surface e.g. a couch or bed, as the depth feedback during such conditions might appear inaccurate. Make sure the manikin is lying on a firm surface.
Please remove the CorPatch® Trainer and the adhesive patch after each training session, and clean patch residues off the manikin immediately to avoid damage to the manikin.
Contact a local CorPatch® representative for further assistance or visit our support page for more information.